Tuesday, March 4, 2008

day 1 in the city

Yesterday after my faculty meetings at Columbia, I met up with Keely and Oona in the West Village to try our hand at a day in the city. The weather both today and yesterday has been a little crazy with 50 degrees and sun. Both the feeling of spring and getting out of the house has given us a whole new outlook on baby life.

Breastfeeding and walking down Bedford St. in the Village! Hey, if Charmaine can do it with a 30 lb 17 month old Ava, then so can Keel (of course Oona is only 9 lbs). Way to go girls. Flaunting that breastfeeding all over New York State.

Who would have thought I'd like the image of pushing a baby stroller in the Village? But it suits me just right. Especially when I pushed it into Hercules' Deli and filled it with Belgian beers. Hercules has so much good stuff that I had to test out just how much this big stroller can hold. Answer = a lot.

We had to speed eat at 'ino. I just about finished my glass of wine when Oona woke up wailing. 'ino is a VERY small spot in the Village and they managed to get us room in the back where we could stash our sleeping baby and stroller next to the table (you can see the diaper bag through the wine glass). At least we actually had our first meal out as a family. Freedom!

No comments: